If your community did not fill out an application last year, create a new account. If your community submitted an application last year, you can use the same login information and have access to your previous application. If you need any help getting access to your previous account, please contact Sara Walters at email@example.com.
1. Reporting period is from January 1 - December 31, 2022.
2. Application must be submitted by 5 pm CST, Thursday, February 16, 2023.
3. Population Categories:
|CATEGORY:||LANDSCAPE AWARD OF:|
|1. Up to 3,000||$ 90,000|
|2. 3,001 - 5,500||$ 110,000|
|3. 5,501 - 9,000||$ 130,000|
|4. 9,001 - 15,000||$ 160,000|
|5. 15,001 - 25,000||$ 180,000|
|6. 25,001 - 40,000||$ 210,000|
|7. 40,001 - 65,000||$ 250,000|
|8. 65,001 - 90,000||$ 270,000|
|9. 90,001 - 180,000||$ 290,000|
|10. 180,001+||$ 310,000|
For 2023 GCAA applications, use the total community population for January 2019 from the Texas Demographic Center available at: http://ktb.org/gcaa
PROGRAM PORTFOLIO GUIDELINES
1. All support material must take place in the reporting period of 1/01/2022 - 12/31/2022 unless otherwise noted.
2. Support material is meant to support what is written in the application itself. These should not act as a standalone application.
PROGRAM PORTFOLIO REQUIREMENTS
1. SUPPORTING PHOTOGRAPHS:
- 10 photographs are required, but up to 15 photographs are allowed
- Only photographs may be submitted in the photograph section (i.e. no newspaper articles, social media posts, etc.).
- Photograph collages (and anything that has more than one photograph on it) are not permissible.
- The word count limit for each photo caption is 20 words. The caption should describe the photo. Points will be deducted for captions over 20 words.
2. SUPPORT MATERIALS:
Applicants must submit support materials from 3 of the 5 following options:
- 2-3 examples of public awareness or promotional materials.
- 2-3 examples of local media support (i.e. news articles, publications, social media).
- 2-3 examples of educational materials developed for use in adult or youth educational activities.
- 2-3 city or county ordinances related to litter prevention, litter law, waste management, or illegal dumping. Include the complete ordinance, including section, title, details, and website line (if applicable). Reporting period does not apply (i.e. ordinances that were passed in previous years can still be submitted).
- 2-3 examples of awards, recognition, and/or proclamations given to the community or community programs recognizing environmental stewardship.